As of August 2017, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is still investigating some high-profile cases involving over 100 politically-exposed persons and top-ranking public officers, NAIJ.com gathered.
In a report by Punch, a list containing names of cases being investigated by the anti graft agency was recently sent to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN).
In the list, 106 cases were under investigation while several others pending in court. The list however, did not disclose details of the cases under investigation.
Sources of information for the cases were said to have been listed against each case and they include intelligence, whistle-blowers and petitions from government agencies and private citizens.
Here are names of some prominent persons on the list
1. Walter Onnoghen: Chief Justice of Nigeria
2. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state;.
3. Dr Kayode Fayemi, former governor of Ekiti and current minister of Solid Minerals Development.
4. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala immediate past Minister of Finance.
5. Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello.
6. Former Kogi state governor, Captain Idris Wada.
7. Former governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, who is currently the Senate’s Minority Leader
8. Jonah Jang of Plateau state, currently serving as Senator representing Plateau North. 9. Former governor Ali Modu Sherriff of Borno state.
10. Chief Lucky Igbinedion, former governor of Edo state.
11. Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
12. immediate past minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke.
13. The immediate past Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN).
14. A former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Bala Mohammed.
15. Former minister of Aviation, Mrs. Stella Oduah, who is currently the Senator representing Anambra North.
16. A former minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe.
17. Rear Admiral Alison Madueke (retd.), Alison-Madueke’s husband.
18. Dr. Reuben Abati, ex-special adviser to the President Jonathan on Media and Publicity.
19. Dr. Doyin Okupe, a former senior special assistant to Jonathan on Public Affairs.
20. Abdullahi Dikko, former comptroller-general of the Nigeria Customs Service.
21. Col. Bello Fadile (retd.), served under the immediate past National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki
22. Uche Secondus, a former acting Chairman of the PDP.
23. Justice Abdu Kafarati, the incoming Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.
24. Justice Mohammed Tsamiya, who was recently retired compulsorily by the National Judicial Council.
Free Website Design tutorial. No Coding