President Muhammadu BuhariMonday, August 21 addressed Nigerians in a live broadcast aired on national television.
The president among other things, stressed the need for Nigeria to remain united despite its challenges.
He stated that even while he was away on medical vacation in London, he was observant of happenings in Nigeria.
See 10 memorable quotes from the historic speech which has sent Nigeria’s social media into frenzy.
1. I have been kept in daily touch with events at home. I was distressed to notice that some of the comments, especially in the social media have crossed our national red lines by daring to question our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far.
2. In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.
3. Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble.
4. Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.
5. The beauty and attraction of a federation is that it allows different groups to air their grievances and work out a mode of co-existence.
6. The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the legitimate and appropriate bodies for national discourse.
7. The national consensus is that, it is better to live together than to live apart.
8. Terrorists and criminals must be fought and destroyed relentlessly so that the majority of us can live in peace and safety.
9. We are going to reinforce and reinvigorate the fight against; elements of Boko Haram, kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes, in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all.
10. Our collective interest now is to eschew petty differences and come together to face common challenges.
Watch the video below for the full speech:see How I Increased my Manhod Size & Stopped Premature Ejaculation That almost Scattered My Relationship.. Click HERE For Details.
Free Website Design tutorial. No Coding